Is There a Way To Detect Gum Disease?
The most common oral diseases are dental cavities, periodontal (gum) disease, oral cancer, oral infectious diseases, trauma from injuries, and hereditary lesions.
- decreasing sugar intake and maintaining a well-balanced nutritional intake to prevent tooth decay and premature tooth loss;
- consuming fruit and vegetables that can protect against oral cancer;
- stopping tobacco use and decreasing alcohol consumption to reduce the risk of oral cancers, periodontal disease and tooth loss;
- ensuring proper oral hygiene;
- using protective sports and motor vehicle equipment to reduce the risk of facial injuries; and
- safe physical environments.
Tou can read more from WHO [World Health Organization) on Oral Diseases. If you are feeling any discomfort, you should contact a Doctor.