Where is Rubber Plantations Found in Nigeria? Which State?
- Get the Poultry Farming eBook and other eBooks
- What Are The Ingredient For Poultry Feed
- How Can I Start Exportation Business?
- How Many Pineapple Stems Can Be Planted In One Acre
- What are other Benefits Derived from Pig Farming?
- How Do I Source For Fund To Start Up a Catfish Business
- How Much Capital Do I Need For Palm Oil Business
Let me tell you a shocking fact. Nigeria was a leading exporter of three major cash crops namely palm oil, groundnuts and rubber. Today however little or nothing is heard about these sources of foreign exchange.
Rubber, which used to be the fourth largest foreign exchange earner for Nigeria after crude oil has since been neglected by successive governments despite the fact that rubber plantation is one of the resources that thrive in Ni-geria.
The country’s sole dependence on crude oil has rendered the rubber industry unattractive. Most rubber plantations still existing in parts of the South West of Nigeria today were planted during the days of late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. And many of them were left just the way they were.
However, you can find Dunlop Rubber Plantation located in Cross River, Nigeria and Orhionigbe Rubber Plantation in Edo state