How to apply for Australia Student Visa from Nigeria is the topic I will be writing about today. I already published few articles on how to apply for US, UK, Canada, Germany and France from start to finish. You can check them out.
This article will be useful for you if you have been searching for answers to “how to apply for Australia Student Visa from Nigeria”, Nigeria assessment level for Australian visa, cost of Australian visa in Nigeria or Australia student visa Nigeria. Just keep on reading because this article will explain to you how you can study in Australia easy without stress.
How to Apply for Australia Student
The friendly and laid-back environment, high living standards, excellent job opportunities and world-recognized educational facilities in Australia have made it a hot-spot for international students, especially those from Nigeria. If you are thinking of undertaking this journey of a lifetime, then below is a list of stuff you need to know to get an Australian Visa.
Australia is the third most popular international student destination in the world after the United Kingdom and the United States and has seven of the top 100 universities in the world. Although the visa application may seem like another exam in your life, the Australian system is rather straightforward and we hope our guide will give confidence to Nigerian students planning to apply.
1. Identify Australian Student Visa Types
Students from Nigeria can apply for one of the six types of student’s visas currently available for education in Australia:
– Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570)
English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students. Click Here for more details
– Schools (Subclass 571)
This allows students to enroll in primary or secondary school, or for participation in school exchange programs. Click here for more.
– Vocational Education and Training course (Subclass 572).
– Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573)
– Non Award Sector visa (subclass 575)
Foundation studies course that do not lead to an award.
– Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector visa (subclass 576)
For those whom the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Department of Defense will sponsor to study in Australia.
2. Confirm your Eligibility for Australia Student Visa
There are some criteria that you must have to be qualified to apply for a student Visa in Australia. Before you start the application process, you should check for the eligibility status. In another terms, if you are eligible, you can apply for the Visa straightaway.
3. Get Admission from your School of Choice
You must have a provisional admission offered by an Australian school or university, this can be represented with a Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) certificate
4. Provide Financial details
Evidence of financial support for the course and yourself will be needed. The officials will want to confirm if you have enough money to run your study while in Australia.
5. English Knowledge Required
You will have to satisfy the English language requirements for Australia
Other Requirements for Australia Student Visa
You will need the following requirements before you can apply for a Student Visa in Australia.
- A valid Nigerian international passport with a full blank page and six months validity
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) certificate for all intended courses or Admission offer letter
- A properly completed visa application Form 157A, click here, register for your ImmiAccount and proceed to fill online
- An applicant under the age of 18 must provide Form 157N – nomination of a student guardian in Australia, Form 1229 – Consent form, consent letter, or sole custody court order for a single parent, proposed care arrangement and evidence of money held by parent or legal guardian
- A copy of the parent or legal guardian bio-data page of their current passport for children under the age of 18
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement purpose to indicate only temporary stay in Australia
- Two recent colour passport photograp – Photocopy of international passport bio data page
- Birth certificate or government issued ID to verify your identity
- Police clearance certificate assessment for character
- A certified copy of your marriage certificate if you’re married
- Previous passports or visas to indicate your travel history
1. Financial Capability
Evidence of financial capacity for course fees, living costs, travel. This can be indicated by an original bank statement which is at least 3 months period duration, letter of consent for scholarship grants, money deposits, annual income of AUS$60,000
2. Health Insurance
Health insurance cover throughout the duration of stay, this can be purchased through your university or from the five approved providers namely the Australian Health Management, BUPA Australia, Medibank Private, Allianz Global Assistance and nib Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The average cost of OSHC is AUS$437 for 12 months for a single student
Health assessment certificate and evidence of chest x-ray screening, polio and yellow fever vaccination certificate. Click here for DFBP approved physicians
3. IELTS Test Result
Evidence of English language proficiency assessment taken no more than two years before student visa application i.e. IELTS test result sheet with scores 5.5, TOEFL paper based 527, TOEFL internet based test 46, Cambridge English Advanced 162, etc
Very Important credentials
Evidence of your education qualifications. This may include a certified copy of your academic transcripts, educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.) or letter/statement from your education institution
Evidence of employment details if any i.e. curriculum vitae
Evidence of enrolment in a school in Australia for each child (aged 5 -18) for dependents
Application Process, Submission and Collection
The Australian student visa application process includes the following:
Open an ImmiAccount, fill all online forms appropriately
Update passport details
Scan all documents
Attach scanned copies to your online application when asked.
Provide certified copies of your documents.
Submit all documents with your application
Provide biometric information via visa application centre i.e. Teleperformance
After you have applied, any additional documentation you need to submit should be uploaded into ImmiAccount. If you provide your documents through any other channel, it will result in processing delays. Do not make arrangements to travel to Australia or leave your job until you have received notification from us, in writing, that you have been granted a visa.
Visa processing times vary depending on the applicant’s assessment level as well as the type of student visa one is applying for. The online visa application process is the quickest yet may take up to four weeks.
More specifically, it usually takes 10 days to 3 months, depending on the type of student visa you’re looking for.
Now you know How to Apply for Australia Student Visa from Nigeria. If you have any question, just ask below.
Thank you for reading How to apply for Australia Student Visa from Nigeria