How to apply for Dubai student Visa from Nigeria and Study in Dubai for international students are the most popular question that Nigerian youths ask when planing to study in Dubai. Many Nigerian youths would want to study in Dubai but they don’t know how to go about it. Also, many already know about the process but need a further understanding.
This article will answer your question of how to apply for Dubai Student Visa From Nigeria step by step in plain language.
Is Dubai a Good Choice?
Dubai has emerged as a global city and a business hub. Although Dubai’s economy was built on the oil industry, the emirate’s model of business drives its economy. Its main revenues are now from tourism, real estate, and financial services, similar to that of Western countries.
Education in Dubai has been rated one of the best in whole world. As one of the most compelling cities in the Middle East, Dubai leads the region in culture, tourism and shopping, and attracts people from all over the world.
The primary reason that charms a student to study in Dubai campus of International Universities is the ease of getting Visa. There is a simple visa issuance procedure for students, faculty and staff. You will benefit studying in Dubai as it is a technologically advanced city with its focus on innovation, a conducive environment for experimental learning, creative thinking and independent action.
In summary, if you are still doubting if Dubai is a good place for you to study, stop the doubt. You have made a right choice.
READ ALSO: [How To Secure Netherlands Student Visa From Nigeria]
Applying for Dubai Student Visa
Applying for a student Visa in UK will require you to pass the IELTS test, applying for a student Visa to study in France and Germany can be a little stressful. However, there are some advantages attached to studying in Dubai. I will just go right below to list few of them before I talk about the requirements and the documents you need on how to apply for Dubai student Visa from Nigeria.
Advantages of Studying in Dubai
The following are few of the benefits you stand to enjoy as an international student if you have decided to study in Dubai. Here are the benefits
- Dubai is one of the best places to study. Universities in Dubai are fully open for International Students and the visa process is very easy.
- All the Universities in Dubai are situated in Dubai knowledge village. Students can mix up with other cultures of other countries of the world.
- You can study in the English Language in almost all of Universities in Dubai. There is no discrimination of any kind.
- You can study in Dubai without IELTS or TOEFL.
- World ranking for most Universities in Dubai are very high.
Let me tell you something interesting. Why other countries will make sure you agree to return after studying, Dubai will not force you to leave.
Here is the Fact
Work and study in Dubai at the same time is not possible as an International Student. However, after graduation, students can get jobs in the UAE and enjoy a Tax free Salary.
READ ALSO: [How To Get South Africa Student Visa From Nigeria]
Dubai Student Visa
The student visas for international students is facilitated by the university you’re applying to in UAE. Once the university sends you an offer letter for the programme/course you applied to and you accept it, they will initiate the Visa application process. The visa is usually valid for around a year at a time and they need to be renewed every year during the course of your study. Some universities, colleges and institutions may require a refundable visa deposit. Visa processing usually takes between 2 – 5 weeks.
Dubai Student Visa Requirements
These documents below are what you will need to process your student Visa. The officials might reject your application if there is a document missing or you are not honest in filling any of the form. Here are what you will need.
- Your valid e-passport; should be older than six months and have at least six months’ validity period with two blank visa pages
- Fill and sign appropriate form for the visa you’re applying for here. You should be so honest in filling and do not try to play smart.
- Bank statements. This is very important for the consulate to be sure that you are financially capable of sponsoring yourself.
- Hotel booking
- Confirmed Emirates or Fly Dubai airline ticket photocopy.
- Coloured passport copies – Photo page and Bio Page in colour & Profession page, expiry and any other special endorsement page
- One coloured passport photograph with white background (Size 4.3 cms x 5.5 cms, indicate full name on the reverse side of the photo & PPT No)
- Previous passports (it serves as evidence of your previous travel history);
- Payment for your Visa Processing Fee
READ ALSO: [How To Apply For Malaysia Student Visa From Nigeria]
Additional Requirements for Dubai Student Visa
- 4 e-Passport copies
- 12 passport photographs
- Upon arrival, 3 e-passport copies with entry visa to the UAE
- Evidence of acceptance to a UAE tertiary institute (offer letter)
- Possibly bank statements showing evidence of funds in the UAE
- Possibly a tenancy agreement (or letter from university if staying in university accommodation)
- Copy of tuition fee receipt for the current study year of the program
- Copy of visa fees receipt for the current study year of the program
- Post-graduate students will need to have their undergraduate degree attested
- Medical and security checks
People from different parts of the world find themselves at home in Dubai because of the sense of familiarity they get. You will meet people speak your native language. Walk into a grocery and find your favourite food. Make new friendships with people whose backgrounds are entirely different from yours. Dubai’s cosmopolitan feel caters to fashion and trends all over the world.
If you have a question or you want more clarification on how to apply for Dubai student Visa from Nigeria or my past articles, you should just go ahead and ask below and I will attempt an answer.
Thank you so much for reading.
I need more info on the 6 months duration of the passport. cus I just got insued my international passport and I need to travel for study in 3weeks