How to apply for Germany student Visa from Nigeria is a very good question to ask when you are planning to or considering to go over to Germany to further your education. A proper knowledge can make the whole process easy and save you some money or stress.
You have been finding answers to How to apply for Germany student Visa from Nigeria, German embassy in Nigeria student visa requirements or Germany student visa checklist or maybe you want to know Germany student visa processing time and other related questions. Make sure you read this article to the end.
READ ALSO: [How To Apply For Canada Student Visa From Nigeria]
Is Studying in Germany a Good Choice?
Germany is off course a very good choice when it comes to education. Germany is a place to be when it comes to the quality of higher education, research infrastructure, teaching methodology, low-cost studies and career prospect. That is why many internationals continue to believe that Germany is the best place for pursuing their higher education further.
Applying for Germany Student Visa
Germany is not a country anyone can just fly into anyhow. There are procedures and protocols to go through.
A visa needed is the authorizing official document required to permit a non-German national to enter and stay in the territory of Germany for the purpose of studying, in a specific intended period.
3 Types of German Visa for Study
Whenever you want to travel to Germany for study purposes, you have to apply for the appropriate German Visa, related to the purpose of your travel and stay there studying.
The 3 types of study visa are below.
- 1. Language Course Visa (Visa for Language Learning) This is the perfect option for those that want or need to learn the German language in Germany.
- 2. Student Applicant Visa (Visum Zur Studienbewerbung) If you want to study in Germany, but are still trying to find the right program or you still haven’t got the confirmation letter from your University
- 3. Student Visa (Visum Zu Studienzwecken) A German University already been accepted you
Where and How to Apply?
The place where you will apply for your visa is the German Embassy or Consulate in here in Nigeria.
Firstly, you need to schedule an appointment for a visa interview. On the very day of the interview, you should offer your visa application documents.
Additionally, you will need to respond sincerely to the interview questions that the consular officer prepares in order to closely examine you as a potential visa candidate.
You can check online for the available dates and make the appointment in the online system on the website of the German Embassy or Consulate in Nigeria, soon after you will be able to plan your departure time.
READ ALSO:[How to Apply for USA Student Visa From Nigeria]
Important Things to Know as an Applicant
Below are important things you need t know about how to apply for Germany student Visa from Nigeria successfully. Please pay attention to each lines.
– During the interview, the Visa officer can require additional documents.
– You must appear in person for the visa interview, someone else cannot appear on your behalf.
– You should pay attention to your passport validity. It needs to be valid for your entire period of stay, including the expected extended period.
– Bear in mind that the incomplete visa application can be refused
– Do not stick your photographs in the visa application form. Don’t be too over excited to make this mistake.
– Don’t take anyone with you to the Embassy or Consulate during a visa interview. You can handle it yourself.
– In case your visa application is denied, you have the right to take a legal action. Every applicant is authorized to take legal actions against the embassy or consulate decision on her/his visa application
Getting your Visa For Study Purposes is important, instead of a Tourist Visa. This is because it gives you the opportunity to get a residence permit once in Germany. Remember that you cannot extend your Tourist Visa while in Germany, in case you need to stay longer. Keep that information in your left hand.
- If the applicant is considered to represent a risk for the security and public, the visa will be rejected.
- In case of visa rejection the applicant gets informed about the main reason of rejection. You will know the reason why you are rejected.
- Make sure you scheduled your trip to Germany early enough so you will have the needed time in disposition to enroll in university
- The officials might ask for your original documents when you arrive at the airport. Make sure you keep them with you.
The Visa is not automatically given so you have to wait for up to 4 Months to get a response from the Embassy or Consulate and there is no guarantee you will be granted with a visa. Absolutely no guarantee.
You can download the application form freely on the website of the Embassy or Consulate in your country.
The passport remains at the Embassy / Consulate during the entire process of visa proceeding.
You should process your Visa appointments through the online system (not by phone, e-mail, fax or in person)
In case of visa refusal, the German embassy will never refund your Visa fee.
Paying your Student Visa
Applicants have to pay the visa fees by a bank transfer. Student visa as of 2008 is 60 Euro. The Consulate will not take cheques or credit cards. It will be a direct payment.
Please be aware that you will not get refund of your money even if the consulate reject your visa application
Documents you Need to Apply for a Student Visa
All qualifications you have that makes you eligible for the course of study.
- Proof of acceptance from the school you are applying to.
- A valid International Passport.
- Language proficiency test score, TOEFL Or IELTS.
- A report on a recent health examination. You have to be physically alright.
- Sufficient funds around 659-870 Euros per month.
- An online application form which you must print and fill completely, and also include your passport photograph before you submit.
- All necessary letters, especially a letter stating that you would return on completion of your program.
If this article has helped you or given you a good information, you can share and if you have any question, you can just use the comment box below to ask.
Thank you for reading How to apply for Germany student Visa from Nigeria
Be the first to post a comment.