How to apply for Philippines student from Nigeria is a dream that many Nigerians want to fulfill. You are planning of getting a Philippines student Visa, read this to the end. I will want to tell you at this point that you can do it yourself. You don’t have to pay an online agent. Many fake travelling agents are all over everywhere. In this article, am going to explain to you how to apply for Philippines student visa from Nigeria step by step from start to finish.
There may be several questions that led you to this article. From how much is student visa from Nigeria to Philippines to requirements for Philippines student visa. If you also want to know how to get Philippines visa in Nigeria, Philippines embassy in Nigeria and Philippine visa application form. This article will still be useful for you.
Philippines Education Overview
The Philippines is a tropical country in Pacific Ocean. Blessed with beautiful natural landscapes and active volcanoes and extreme weather patterns. The Philippines is consisting of some 7,107 islands. And is located in the western Pacific Ocean.
Colleges typically offer 1 or more specialised programs. The Universities offer at least 8 different undergraduate degree programs in a wide array of subjects and at least 2 graduate programs.
Public universities are all non-sectarian and offer a wide-range of programs. With English as a medium of instruction. Public universities are government funded and are well financed. If you really want to study in Philippines, you are not wrong.
How To Apply For Philippines Student Visa From Nigeria
The reason you want to go to Philippines will determine the category of Visa you will apply for. They type of a Visa a business trip or visitation will differ from that of a student. The purpose of this article is getting a Philippines student Visa. So that is what I will be talking about.
Philippines student Visa is easy compared to UK, US, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, India, South Africa, Kenya and some others. The Philippines student Visa have to pass through series of offices before approval. Let me give you a better explanation on how to apply for Philippines student visa below.
Philippines Student Visa
Any applicant for student visa must have means of sufficient for education and support in the Philippines. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old. Must seek to enter the Philippines temporarily. The purpose should solely be for taking up a course of study higher than high school at a university, seminary, academy, college or school, approved for foreign students by the Commissioner of Immigration.
The student applicant must first communicate with the school concerned and comply with the school’s institutional requirements.
The school shall forward the application package to the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for approval. Once approved, the application package shall be endorsed by CHED to the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation (BID). If approved, it will be forwarded to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). The DFA will inform the Philippine Embassy for issuance of the student visa. The Philippine Embassy will then notify the student accordingly.
Philippines Student Visa Required Documents
A successful Philippines student visa will be determined by how accurate your documents are. The consular officials don’t know you from anywhere. The only way to get to know you is through your documents. You should make sure you satisfy these requirements to hasten your application. Below are what will be required from you.
1. Personal appearance is the only way. Someone can not apply on your behalf.
2. Two originals of duly filled application form. Be honest and don’t make a mistake.
3. Original international passport. This must be valid not less than six months beyond intended period of study in the Philippines.
4. Two (2) passport photographs. Make it recent and clean.
5. Original and one photocopy of birth certificate, verified and authenticated at the Philippine Embassy.
6. Original and one (1) photocopy of affidavit of support executed by parent/s or legal guardian to be authenticated in the Philippine Embassy;
7. Two photocopies of parent/guardian’s passport data page;
8. Original and one photocopy of transcript of records authenticated at the Philippine Embassy;
9. Original and one photocopy of certificate of good moral character authenticated at the Philippine Embassy.
10. Original and one photocopy of police certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.
11. Original and one (1) photocopy of medical examination reports, including X-ray film contained in an envelope authenticated at the Philippine Embassy.
12. Duly accomplished Personal History Statement forms from the school concerned.
13. Original and one photocopy of comprehensive list of student’s possible contact persons in the Philippines;
14. Diploma is required for student applicant who will pursue graduate studies (authenticated at the Philippine Embassy).
Others Things To Know About Philippines Student Visa
If you are going to apply for a normal Philippines Student Visa, you can get it from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Abuja.
Processing of student visa applications takes about two (2) months from the date of receipt. The Philippine Embassy will then notify the student accordingly.
Upon arrival in the Philippines, don’t forget to secure your Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and Certificate of Residence for Temporary Students (CRTS). You can do this at the Bureau of Immigration, Intramuros, Manila. (Your school will likely help you with this).
Philippines embassy in Abuja, Nigeria Contact
16 Lake Chad Cresent Cor. Kainji St., Maitama District
If you have any question or clarification, just ask me below. You can share this article via the social buttons below.
Thank you so much for reading.