21 Facts About Dangote Refinery And Petrochemical Plant
- Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.
- The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
- The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Epe, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone.
- It is the largest industrial complex in Africa.
- Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries.
- It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD
- Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³
- During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians
- Dangote is investing over $7 billion (N1.4 trillion) in the project
- It is the largest single train refinery project on the planet
- When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports
- The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea
- Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
- All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies
- The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s efforts will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis
- Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per liter on millions of liters of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks
- Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities
- This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products
- Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene
- The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million Very massive project to stand in the Ibeju-Lekki axis come 2019. Seize the opportunity to invest now. Buy your own land.
- How to Make Money From Video Games And Entertainment?
- How Do I Start a Mini Cafe Using a WIFI
- How do I Buy Skype Credit in Nigeria
- How Can One Become a Content Developer And Strategist?
- How Can One Learn Graphic Design in Nigeria?
- How To Make Money As An Writer Online?
- How To Start Phone Accessories Business In Nigeria
I wish this Dangote Oil Refinery had happened at least six years ago! But no, all of them, Including Dangote were busy with oil importation and robbing the Federal Government and Nigerians Trillions of dollars in the process.
Imagine the untold amount of dollars we would have saved? Imagine how rich we’d have become as a nation and as individuals if only we were able to refine our own crude oil? We should have been selling refined products with much more gains instead of shipping the crude at ridiculously low prices and end up importing refined products at higher prices.